Wednesday 13 June 2012

Come here often?

'What does it mean?' 'You've already interpreted it anyway...'
Wow it's been a long time since I have posted here! I have been lacking blog inspiration, and I'm trying to get more followers to make this blog somewhat useful in the massive cyberspace world.

University year-two is complete; and, as ever, I'm exhausted from my cushty student lifestyle. I have wondered for ages what to write about when it comes to blogging; you don't want to hear some girly diary (If you do, go watch a chick-flick or something!) however I find this blog personal to me, so when in doubt, talk about any interesting stuff in your own life. I will find a niche, someday. One thing that I find interesting right now is tattoos. Particularly tattoos on women. I recently got a tattoo (Pictured above) and it was my first one. I don't plan on getting any more, because personally I'd rather have one bold one than loads of little ones. I chose to have it in a place that can be easily hidden (some employers still frown on such things) and also I got it placed behind my left shoulder, because if I don't like it in 10 years, it won't matter because it's literally behind me. Besides, I often hear older people these days saying how much they would love to remember how it was to feel 20 again. Well, I can - just by looking at this reminder!

People ask very strange questions and make weird statements when it comes to the revelation of someone's tattoo. For instance: 'It cost HOW much? What a rip off!' (It's for life, and probably cheaper than what you pay for your car insurance per month...) 'What if you meet a guy and he really doesn't like it?' (If they detest it that much I don't want to be with that person) and finally: 'What does it mean?' - I personally find this question a tricky one to answer. As my tattoo is an image, it's hard to put what it means into words (that's why it's an image...) however I find that even if I do say the meaning of my tattoo, it will always get interpreted differently by other people. I'm glad that more and more people are accepting of tattoos on women. They no longer convey the 'gangster' image they once did. And why should they? Anyway, if you're worried what other people will think if you get a tattoo, chances are you shouldn't get one and you should be working on that self-esteem issue of yours. Peace out! :)




No comments:

Post a Comment