Tuesday 30 October 2012

Tumbleweed...

Well, this is awkward.

Here's me thinking now I'm in my final year at university studying English Literature, Journalism and Creative Writing, I would be more on top of my blog as a result. Wrong.

Wrong, wrong, wrong.

I have however, been working very hard over the Summer to keep my journalism experience going. I'm writing for an online magazine from time to time, supplying all sorts of feature articles. For example, if you ever want to know about women and tattoos, the best hair oil (yes it exists), or what would happen if all the convenient technology (stupid phrase now I see it in front of me) were to fail us. If you DO want to know the answers to such issues, visit Yuppee Magazine. It's obvious to say I have yet to find my 'niche' when it comes to writing. What interests me most? Probably things that aren't worth writing about to be honest. I'm easily pleased.

Third year university is havoc. All of a sudden I've gone from watching Gossip Girl and How I Met Your Mother day in day out for four months to having to read six novels in two weeks. How has this transition happened?! Also I'm getting deadlines coming out of nowhere (Tutor: 'Well you KNEW this would happen!' Yes, yes, you were right) and it's really thrown me off guard. Over the Summer I did some work experience with my local newspaper, The Comet. Now, I'm doing some more experience with their partner newspaper, the Welwyn Hatfield Times, as part of my journalism module. AND, on the side of all this, I'm interviewing Wired Magazine's editor David Rowan tomorrow. I'm really looking forward to exploring his views on becoming an entrepreneur (a word that is REALLY hard to pronounce. I implore you to try now. Go on!)

So yes, things are really happening right now. I'm overwhelmed to say the least, but I wouldn't have it any other way. I love being busy with things that NEED doing. That reminds me, I MUST watch this week's episode of Gossip Girl...

(xoxo) - Sorry if you don't get the reference.

No comments:

Post a Comment